Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Love

As I was working at my computer this morning, I started to hear little giggles and whispers coming down the hall. "Let's scare mommy." "Yeah, monsters." Giggle, giggle, etc. I purposely kept my eyes on the computer, but out of my peripheral vision I see two little monsters creeping into the room with their hands up like claws. Then, suddenly, "Roarrrrr." Of course I acted completely scared and surprised, screamed, and that made their day as they ran out of the room giggling with glee.

I have to say, I do love my kids.
Ella: I love her "great ideas." I love her bed- head in the morning, serious lion hair. I love her huge squinty-eyed smile that she uses to get Logan to laugh. I love her excitement about learning and doing anything new.
Lincoln: I love his bashfulness. I love his comfort position when he is a little nervous or shy (finger up nose). I love his constant mimicking of anything Ella says or does. I love his big squeezes.

Logan: I love his big blue eyes. I love his huge toothless grin (I think I could fit my fist in there). I love his cuddling.

And, of course, Jeremy: I love his "funny jokes," especially when he's in the zone. I love how he makes time to play with the kids every day, no matter how tired he is. I love him. :)

3 comments:

katrina said...

You are a blogging pro. Cute post! I know exactly what you mean when you talk about Ella's squinty eye smile. I am glad to see the couch in the dining room is still going strong!

Brittney said...

I'm loving the use of Jer's photo. Nicely done.

p.s. I'm sooo sure that you "acted" like you were scared of the monsters. Nice try. Be honest--they TOTALLY got you, didn't they?
p.p.s. Are you going to 'fess up to Katrina what you had for dinner tonight (Tuesday)? :)

sadie said...

Cute family, and I love those pictures. When do Logan and CJ get to become best birthday buddies? I hope that Logan doesn't like Hyrum better just because they both have valley names.