Monday, March 28, 2011

remember

I'm not going to lie. The last week has been rough.

Lots of good happened though. I got a foot rub as you probably remember. The kids got backrubs/scratches most night, which they think is awesome. I also played volleyball with some fun girls and got to go to a special place while my visiting teacher watched my kids. People have never stopped with their goodness and I am so appreciative.

Landon has mastered the crawling. He now thinks he can go faster than he really can and sometimes ends up in a face plant after both arms and legs move really really fast but not quite in sync. He is also quite masterful at giving mommy kisses. We painted flower pots. We made a rainbow...picture to come.

Logan had many time-outs. Logan finally believes that we do put our clothes back on after going potty. Logan said in the middle of lunch, "Mom, I love my brother, Lands. And I really love my buddy...my buddy Shay." We played outside on the good days. We chilled inside on the rainy days. Kids have spent a lot of time with their hexbugs (a marvelous gift). Logan calls it his "ladybug" and it never leaves his hands.

Lincoln went to school, proud to be a student. He is also very proud to be my best helper and continues to follow me around when I am cleaning and do whatever I need him to. He got new tennis shoes, black ones with a spider on them. He doesn't like to take them off. They make him feel big and cool. He IS big and cool (even though he is such a skinny thing...pants still don't stay up). He reads his books like a champ and is proud to read his books to anyone who would listen, including Landon.

Ella is my emotional 6-year-old, understanding too much yet not sure how to cope with her 6-year-old brain. She loves to play with friends and loves to do anything one-on-one with me. We talk and we play. She can always come up with some grand idea for us to do that day...sometimes it is feasible, sometimes it is not. She is the best big sister. Landon will dive for her and she loves that he loves her.

Through it all we remember...

We are good. We are blessed. Things will work out.

No comments: