Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ragnar 2011

I participated in my first Ragnar this year (12 runners running from Logan to Park City...192ish miles)

1. Ella and Brittney decorating our van. Everyone got a good laugh at my artistic abilities.
2. Starting line: Michelle, Shay, me, Brittney, Braden, Savannah
My first leg was a 7-1/2 mile run up Avon Pass.
It was super dusty and my teeth were brown at the finish.
I have no pictures of my 2nd leg as it was in the middle of the night and we were all way too tired to worry about pictures. Below is my 3rd leg, just a 3 miler, but a pretty decent hill in the middle of it. I stole some of these pictures from my teammates...hope they don't mind.
The finish line with our whole team! Shay and Michelle did a great job organizing this.

It is such a great feeling to accomplish something like this. The worst part was getting walked in on by a guy while using the port-a-potty and being super embarrassed. We both let out a little yell/scream. I stayed in there for a while and then ran to the van and changed my shirt hoping he wouldn't recognize me again. Why do these things happen to me? Ah well. Other than that, I enjoyed it so much I am already signed up for next year.

1 comment:

Team Hanni said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I was signed up to do this race last year before we moved (I thought I would still be there). I am so proud of your accomplishments! This race is huge! Someday.... I will run this race.

YOU.INSPIRE.ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!