Friday, August 1, 2008

Oh, Wal-Mart

So I took the kids to storytime at North Logan Library this morning, which was delightful by the way. This is the first time we've gone since Quakers moved away. Anyhow, decided to make a "quick" stop at Wal-Mart on the way home. We cruised through the store getting the things we needed then headed to the front to check out. I couldn't find a line that had less than 4 or 5 full carts waiting in line. Long story short, after waiting in line for at least 40 minutes we made it to the front and by then Logan was screaming and Lincoln had also reached his limit of waiting patiently. Just my luck they decided to change cashiers right then, obviously I was not thrilled about that. The new cashier takes a look at my 2 kids screaming and says, "Oh you got 2 screaming now, huh?" By that point I was feeling extremely sorry for my kids and not having such happy thoughts about Wal-Mart. I replied, "Yeah, that's what happens when you have to wait in line for almost an hour." Don't be alarmed, I didn't say it rudely or anything, just kind of in a tired, get-me-out-of-here sort of way. I am starting to feel a little bad about it anyway because it really wasn't her fault. Oh, well.

My saving grace for that morning was being able to have my favorite conversation with my kids when we were home. This is something that happens at least once a day, often many more times, and both my kids do it.

Lincoln/Ella: Mommy.
Lincoln/Ella: Mommy.
Me: What?
Lincoln/Ella: Love you.

Need I say more.

7 comments:

Rachel's Spot said...

I too despise Wal-Mart and have had the same joyous experience of waiting 3 times as long to check out as it took to get all your shopping done. Lucky for me though, I didn't have upset kids with me! I don't blame them. I would want to cry and scream too. Your kids are adorable!

Brittney said...

i've said it before and i'll say it again about wal-mart: oh, wait. this is a family-friendly blog. never mind. but i definitely feel your pain.

Jesse and Mindi said...

I'm so not ready to attempt going to the store w/older kids. I can relate about waiting in line, and yet I continue to shop there! Who knows why! You're blog is super cute!! And you kids are all so adorable, I love them so much!!!!

Mortons Love said...

this is why we should all boycot Walmart. More than once I have come home with melted ice cream/ popsicles. grrrr.

Joyce said...

Love you!

katrina said...

You are so brave to take all of your kids into walmart by yourself. I don't know how you do it. I can barely take Jordan in there by myself.

Kristin said...

Hey, I saw your blog on Katrina's. I waited in a line at Wal-mart for a way long time once and then when there was only one person ahead of me in line, the check-out person left for break even though there were tons of people still in line and there was no one to replace him! Everyone was upset and had to go in different (very long lines). So down with Wal-mart. Your kids telling you they loved you made up for it though! Cute!