Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scooters, scooters, everywhere

A few weeks ago my dad found one of his great deals where we could get scooters really cheap if we mass ordered them. So here we are a few weeks later with 14 scooters delivered to my dad's house. His garage looked like a bike shop as all the guys worked on charging the batteries, installing the mirrors and windshields, and pumping up the tires. Jeremy was the most persistent and got his running the very night they arrived. He illegally drove it home and to work the next day. I was pretty excited to drive the scooter myself so John and I went and took the written motorcycle test so that we would at least have our learner's permits. Yesterday after dinner I went outside to test out the scooter, never really having driven one, on a quiet road by our house. Unfortunately, the first thing I had to do was get it off the dang double kickstand, no easy feet. As I followed Jeremy's instructions of pushing it forward off the kickstand, I was not ready for the weight of the scooter (or maybe it was lack of muscle) and it fell on its side. So, yes, I am officially the first one to wreck one of the scooters and the first one to get an injury (small, bleeding scrape on my shin). Jeremy was obviously not too impressed and wondered aloud if I really could handle driving.
Of course I can.


Anyway, look out for large groups of red, blue, silver, and black scooters, I could be one of them.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

you'll be a regular pro before i get around to riding ours... but congrats on being the first "wreck." i'm sure i'll outdo you in the severity department, though. stay tuned.

katrina said...

That looked like quite the scooter party! I thoroughly enjoyed the close up of the "made in china" sticker. Your going to have to give me some scooter lessons next summer.