Monday, October 27, 2008

Close to my heart

So you think you are over something, ie., not crying when talking about my mom's cancer (love you mom!) as I haven't done so in a very long time. I had the heart pounding feeling that I needed to share something in Relief Society yesterday and was totally trying to talk myself out of it because I kind of had the feeling that I would get choked up and I hate doing that in front of people. I wasn't strong enough to withstand the feeling so shared some things with the relief society and, of course, cried. Some things are just always close to your heart and your tear ducts, I guess. Anyway, if any of you are like me, if you are at that choked up point and are trying to get it under control, if anyone shows sympathy or talks about it at all, it only makes it worse. So let's just say I was making a mad dash out of Relief Society the moment we said amen. I'm sure the rest of the ward was wondering about the crazy tall lady speed walking towards the nursery with tears in her eyes. Okay...maybe it wasn't that bad.

4 comments:

Danny + Alene said...

*Hug* Somebody there must have needed what you had to share.

Joyce said...

Love you, too. XXXXOOOOOO

katrina said...

I know exactly what you mean. The last time I tried to share a comment about mom in RS the tears/snot got a little out of control.

Brittney said...

i don't know what you're talking about. what are these "tear ducts" of which you speak?