Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm back

I'm back, not only from that weird party I was at yesterday but from an awesome weekend. It all started with a quick visit from sister Michelle, who brought along a can of goodies to send with me...you know, things like Gatorade, gum, running socks, energy jelly beans, etc.

Thanks, Michelle!

It was fun getting to know these ladies better. The race was very enjoyable. I felt bad disappointing my kids when I had to let them in on the sad news that I didn't actually win the race.


And look, I even had enough energy for a cartwheel to celebrate my accomplishment.

I missed my kids like crazy. When they were returned to me Sunday evening, I opened the van door and Ella jumped into my arms, squeezed me tight around the neck, and whispered, "Will you hold me like this all night?" The boys also gave me big hugs and kisses. I then peeked in at Landon in his carseat, not knowing if he was awake, and he was staring up at me with his big blue eyes. When I smiled at him he broke into a huge grin and began shaking his head back and forth, which is what he does when he is really excited. Oh, how I missed them.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

cuteness of your kids. i bet they missed you as much as you missed them.

The Watkins team said...

You amaze me. I dream of one day being able to run a marathon. But then the thought makes me tired & hungry.