Thursday, March 17, 2011

pray for Ella

For the first time I'm seeing my sweet girl's behavior really affected by our situation. She's edgy, distracted, can't focus, brushes things off, says things like "fine. I don't care," and it is not like her. It breaks my heart. Her teacher noticed too and emailed me wondering if something specific happened in the last week to bring about this behavior.

The teacher knows our situation. I told her just for this purpose, so she could let me know if behavior changed.

Something did happen. She was left home while her dad spent a weekend with her brother and she was beyond heartbroken about it. There were reasons and I tried to help her understand, but some things a 6-year-old just doesn't get when it involves being left out and all she feels is unwanted and unloved.

My poor girl. I want to fix it. She will be okay. It will take normalcy, stability, and love on my end, but I know she will be okay. Pray for my kids. They really need it sometimes. I love them more than anything and my heart is hurting for them.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

This makes me cry. Your heart must be breaking. More.

Dustin's said...

You are an amazing mom!!! Keep Loving her and Praying for her!! PLEASE PLEASE let us know what else we can do to help. (we will be praying). You are so Great! call anytime, i would love to chat with you.

Kelly

Mortons Love said...

Prayers doubled. Love you guys.

Nan said...

I have been and I will continue.