Sunday, July 3, 2011

a long time coming...

I finally updated. It is a long update as you can see if you scroll down far enough, but I had a lot of things I wanted to remember. I am without kids this weekend so found the time today to create this monstrous post.

People ask me all the time how is it to not have my kids all weekend. This is how I feel about it...

I enjoy being able to clean my house and have it remain that way for more than 10 minutes.

I enjoy having the weekend to complete 2 weeks worth of errands and shopping so I don't have to do that with the kids later.

I love being able to go on a long run outside rather than on my treadmill.

I miss making dinner for them, weird, right?...but I haven't gotten used to making dinner just for me. I usually end up having something like Diet Coke and peanut butter M&Ms for dinner.

More than anything, I miss them, especially this weekend when they are far away camping and I am worried and have had a couple of sad phone calls and I can't be there for them.

I can't wait to see them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Team Hanni said...

Tonya,

I can't tell you how often I think about you. I wish I could wrap my arms around you from Alabama. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can!

You are so so so remarkable!